Arcadia Friends Community Church PreSchool
Children Learn Through Play
Yes, children here at Arcadia Friends Pre-School do play a lot. Play is children's "work". During their time playing at school, they
- Making new friends.
- Exploring how things work.
- Enjoying books and listening to "Story Time".
- Listening to music and participating in musical experiences.
- Sharing their personal story with others.
- Pouring and measuring (early math skills)in the sand box and water table.
- Having different experiences in a mostly child group situation.
- Developing and expanding their language abilities.
- Having creative art experiences.
- Learning to share the adults' attention with other children.
- Learning social skills needed to make friends and get along with others.
- Building with materials that may not be available at home.
- Using 'messy" art materials in a space provided for experimentation.
- Trying on different personalities thru dramatic play.
- Becoming independent thinkers and doers.
- Comparing and contrasting different experiences in God's world.
- Learning from others while broadening their own horizons.
- Learning self control.